Job Description - Community Support Worker
·The post holder will work alongside adults who have learning disabilities within their home as well as within the local community.
·Assisting individuals to recognise and utilise all opportunities that may secure personal development and the achievement of greater independence.
- Working within the housing network and operating as part of the wider framework of The Ormerod Home Trust Limited, thus forming part of a larger team.
SUMMARY OF MAIN RESPONSIBILITITES:
- Assist people to undertake a range of social, recreational and developmental activities as mature adults in the local community. Thus promoting life long learning.
- To advise in an advocacy role as well as promoting the concept of self-advocacy.
- Build and maintain close working relationships with family, friends and relevant agencies, dealing with all information on a confidential basis.
- Assist individuals with the day-to-day domestic management of their home and related budgeting, to include personal budgeting.
- Contribute to the preparation and implementation of Person Centred Planning, identifying agreed objectives, assisting in the production of relevant reports and participating in appropriate developmental activities that ultimately lead to the achievement of identified goals.
- Advise, guide and support clients, where appropriate, in the completion of household activities within the housing network displaying and encouraging initiative at all times.
- Responsibility for reporting and assisting in the organisation of maintenance work within properties through effective liaison with Headquarters.
- Demonstrate a commitment to continuing personal development.It is a requirement to complete a Full Induction, meeting the criteria of the Care Quality Commission and mandatory achievement of N.V.Q. Level 2 in Care, within the first eighteen months of employment.
- Work within the policies and objectives of The Ormerod Home Trust Limited.
- Support the equal opportunities policies of The Ormerod Home Trust Limited.
- Work flexibly, to include sleepovers and contribute to the effectiveness of the team.
- Build relationships with Team members and managers within the network using organisational, leadership and motivational skills as a basis for this relationship.
- The job description is not conclusive; the changing needs of the client group may affect certain identified duties.